Monday, March 26, 2018

Feeling sorry for myself is not an option


Until I hurt my foot, I had no idea what a busy person I am and how I don't know how to stop or slow down.  Today I'm convinced I've hurt the other foot trying to protect the injured one.  Man oh man, this is not what I wanted to be doing, laying in bed, using crutches, barely getting around.
I'm not a lay around and do nothing person.
From the minute I roll out of bed until I lay back down I'm up, I'm busy, I've got stuff to do.
Funny how there are things you don't know about yourself until certain situations arise.
I'm doing my best to ignore the chatter box.  It's over there saying all kinds of things, telling me what I know and trying to trick me into being worried about it.  You can't talk to the chatter box.
It's getting old, this being hurt.  I started working out and this has shut that down, I thought I was getting better but I'm not.  I finally gave in and got the dang cortisone shot, but it is what it is and this is not going to go away overnight.
Man!
My crew is all excited about this upcoming street party and I don't even want to talk about it, much less think about it.  We've just come from the streets yesterday, need a day or two to clear my head and regroup.  The streets aren't going anywhere.
I love them, they are so gun ho.
So, here I am, halfway through a painting I put away because I couldn't sit in the chair that way any longer.  I'm sitting on the bed with the laptop, everything within arm's reach, it's cold today and I can't seem to get the temperature in the house right, one minute I'm freezing, the next I'm sweating.  The kids came and took over the tv in the living room so I moved my party in here.
I'm working on a letter for my friend whose in the feds, the dog is sleeping at my feet, and I'm reeling from the fact this is not me.
Can't stop won't stop, its a for real thing for me.  LOL.
The first time this happened I spent the afternoon crying and feeling sorry for myself, because I didn't have any other way to deal with it.
I'm the mama!  I take care of everybody!  How do I let others take care of me?
You know?
I think of others who have limitations and I admire them so much, their courage and bravery and that can do spirit.
This is not going to beat me, but it's really kicking the crap out of me right now, mentally and physically.
I'm sure God thinks its pretty hilarious at this point, my roller coaster emotions, my overwhelming need to be doing something.  The kitchen needs to be cleaned, the dogs have to be tended to over and over again all day long, so much I could be doing, yet here I sit.
There's no room in my body for sickness, but ignoring aches and pains, struggling through this has shown me, I can't overlook it, I can't pretend like it's not there, I can't get past the pain and keep going.
So many things we experience in life that totally contradict everything we think of ourselves as God's people.
Feeling sorry for myself is not an option, not today anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...