Sunday, March 25, 2018

Roxanne


The streets were alive and well today.  Everyone seemed happier than usual, hungrier than usual and there was plenty of laughing and joking around.
I stopped and gave this one guy a plate, it was so precious.  He said, "That's so nice of you."  A few minutes down the road someone at the Salvation Army pointed him out and I was so pleased to announce we'd already found him.  He's very special, in that beautiful way only God can make a person special.
I'm still overwhelmed with love for him.  My heart is full to bursting for each and every one of them.
I was driving back, minding my own business and Roxanne came on the radio.
Roxanne you don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over you don't have to sell your body to the night
Roxanne you don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money you don't care if it's wrong or if it's right
Roxanne You don't have to put on the red light
Roxanne You don't have to put on the red light
Roxanne (put on the red light)
Roxanne (put on the red light)
Roxanne (put on the red light)
Roxanne (put on the red light)
Roxanne (put on the red light) Oh
I loved you since I knew ya
I wouldn't talk down to ya
I have to tell you just how I feel
I won't share you with another boy
I know my mind is made up so put away your make-up
I told you once I won't tell you again it's a bad way
In that moment it was my Daddy talking to me, reassuring me, wrecking me to the deepest part of my soul.
I don't have to be her anymore, not ever!
I hated her!  She was pathetic and weak and used up.  She had no self control, no self worth and no identity.  She chased the one thing that would never satisfy her for years, let it destroy her life, her family, everything she'd ever stood for.
I'm still overflowing with tears and thankfulness and resolve.
I get to be someone so brand new!
I am the daughter of The King!
It's hard to even try to put it into words right this minute, tears still freely streaming down my cheeks.
What a beautiful story He's writing about my life!
He sang that song to me and I smiled and cried and tried to see the road!
My life overflows with beauty and the ashes have long blown away on the winds of change.
I loved you since I knew ya, I would talk down to ya.
Wow just wow.
What a mighty God we serve.
You don't have to wear that dress tonight.
Romance people, He's giving me romance.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...