Wednesday, January 31, 2018

That Moment When You Realize You Are The Richest Person In The World


I'm sitting here at my desk, listening to Jesus Culture, soaking, breathing, looking around at the things on my roll top desk, my best friend Peg gave me the paintings on my walls, the different colors.
A mermaid made of wire and porcelain, with silver hair and blue beads on her fin.  A simple glass fish bowl Alisha gave me with purple and blue twisted paper in it, with a blue and purple tufted flower, a purple plastic butterfly sitting on the top of it.
A chrome butterfly lantern Sharon gave me, because she likes butterflies too, a purple rose clamped to it.
A purple vase Phil and Johnna sent me flowers in, with the purple and orange butterfly bouquet Rachel made me for my vow renewal.
The paintings the children did that I got at the silent auction, framed and faithful art.
The poem I wrote about my great grandmother, Minnie Whatley, my first published writing, on a plaque to my right.
A smiling lion of Judah I painted with a red background.
A purple daisy bouquet Buffy gave me many years ago for mother's day.
There's a crystal butterfly trinket box Barbara gave me, sitting in front of a rectangular glass bowl filled with black rocks Chris and Sara put roses in for my special day, still holding a silk white rose and a tiny teddy bear that used to sit on the dash of my truck, the one Beaudreaux ripped the arm off. 
Christmas card pictures from Joannie's and Rachel's beautiful families in the corners of my auctions pieces. 
There's a black and red cross I got in the thrift store along with the three flower plackards.
A butterfly frame Caryl gave me for my birthday, that has a picture of a butterfly, a picture she took.
There's a battery operated butterfly in a jar Barbara gave me, a book shelf filled with my most prized books and bibles. 
A book Eve sent me for Christmas.
A peace and believe sign Joannie, gave me and I love the wooden carved snowflakes so much I put them on the butterfly net over my bed when I took the tree down this year.
To the left a butterfly my oldest best friend Stacy sent me underneath the picture of my sister and Caroline.  The inspire Danielle gave me hanging on the office door, a mirror John Burgess gave me, sitting next to an aquarium donated by yet another kind soul.
All of these objects sit in proximity to the desk, along with a picture of my grand daughter Marlee and a picture of my boys at Independence Park when they were 10, 7 and 6 in a fancy flower frame that has pink and blue flower centers.  Overhead the wine bottle wind chime Vanetta made for me, green, of course.
To the right, my city on a hill painting, knowing what God says about cities on hills.
Pink cubes Angela sold me because I love storage space of any kind, lol.
This one corner and section of my house, just this small section.  
In the bedroom there's a placard Alesha gave me, painted purple to match my room, a mermaid water color Caryl did for me,a butterfly painting Robym gave me for a wedding present, butterflies Sharon and Stacy gave me for Christmas, and a mermaid my girl Pam sent me in the mail and cards stuck in every drawer of every piece of furniture.  There's a mirror as well as a mermaid Barbara gave me sitting next to a hummingbird Danielle gave me, pictures of my kids, a heart Melissa and Mitchell gave me, that lights up Remember always I love you.  There's a mermaid cup Johnna brought me back from the beach on the same shelf.
The antique head board John Burgess brought me, the bed a gift, the chair, the table lamp, the tv.
Mon Cheri has sent me stuff, Regina, Connie.
Pictures still to be framed with all my people's fingerprints and all my girl's lipstick marks.
In my office a painting my girl Haley did for me, beautiful and abstract.
Gifts of every kind from people who love me and if I left anyone out I didn't mean to because I see your tokens of love and think of you every single day.
Color and love and precious sentimental things filling my house and heart.  Peace and joy unspeakable, breathing in the magnitude of it.
God fills up the small places with so much.
He gives us overflowing everything.
The world can't contain it.
He walks with me and He talks with me and He tells me I am His own.
I think of these things and gaze upon each of them, thinking of the people I love behind those tokens of love and my heart bursts with joy and love for them.  
Romance my Father whispers in my ear.  Romance.
Love love love, all ya need is love.
And the butterflies, oh the butterflies.
Blessing after blessing after blessing.
I am truly a blessed woman.
The walls of my house are a reflection of my true self, colorful, full of joy and wonder.
Color exploding everywhere, the beauty God has put in the world.
I'm the richest woman in the world without a penny to my name.
Destiny calls to me and I'm walking toward it.






1 comment:

  1. You wrote that with so much passion,love,beauty,grace,and thankfully. You are amazing. I think you may have a gift in writing. This blog is one of the reasons. I love you so much!!!
    Sister Sharon B.A. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...