Friday, February 23, 2018

Remember the prisoners


If you ever want to find out who your true friends are, all you have to do is go to jail.
Prison did not agree with me and I'm sure there are many more who will tell you the same, the only thing I learned in prison was to never ever do anything to end up there again.
How good a friend are we really to our people?
How committed are we to the people in our lives?
Out of sight out of mind right?  Who has been forgotten?Who has been hurt by those they love most?  All of us.My daddy was a convict and I have always loved to write, so I wrote him letters from a very young age.  I was committed to writing him letters, because he was my daddy and he was in jail.There have been others along the way, a pen pal, an ex boyfriend, a husband, a young lady I love very much, a brother and now an old friend.It's easy you just tell them stories about your life.  You feed life into their situation with encouraging words and hope.You remind them they are still loved, they have not been forgotten, they are valuable.It's so important to me for him to know someone out here is thinking of him.  Prison is a lonely place, it's not designed to be fun, this man has been in prison for 15 years, his sentence is 5 more.He's been in his prison all those years, while I was in my own.  His son will be grown by the time he gets out.  The world is a totally different place than it was when he came off the streets.Yeah someone needs to let that man know someone out here still loves him and is pulling for him and thinking of him.I remember how my life fell apart while I was in prison, how I lost control of everything i didn't have control of.  I remember feeling forgotten and unloved.Hebrews 13:3

Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them, and those who are ill-treated, since you yourselves also are in the body.

1 comment:

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...