Monday, March 19, 2018

Road Trip


So, I went to Georgia Saturday afternoon and it was such a blessing!  I went from two trucks and two trailers to my truck and a borrowed trailer and I don't even have to tell you God made it enough.  I didn't have to leave anything and before I left I thought I was going to have to make an early Wednesday morning run to get whatever I couldn't fit.
It was so amazing!
My truck is so good to me!
The cab was full, the bed was full, the trailer was stacked as high as the truck with two pallets and everything we could pack in.
The weather had said it was supposed to rain for over a month, but I wasn't receiving that and I went there and back without a drop of rain in either state.
Only took an hour for me to unload everything, praise God.
We haven't started going through it all yet, but the generosity of others always overwhelms me.
My friends Ronald and Jennifer Lapinski came with a truck full of bags, haven't seen them since 1986!  Haven't seen Michelle Mccutcheon since then either and she and her brother were the one's who organized everything for me.
My girl Brenda Smith came out with another truck full of bags and her son Chase, haven't seen her since 2000 when I went to prison, that's 18 years ago.
It meant so much to me to see them, even if it was just for a short time, we are forever bound.
Brenda was following me back to her end of town and as soon as we got on the expressway, she flagged me to get over.
We pull over and the back tire on the driver's side looks like it's about to explode in flames at any moment, it's smoking so bad.  I got into panic mode, a hundred and seventy something miles from home, with a full load and trailer.
My brother was my second call.  He said, "Is the emergency brake on?"
Michelle, out of habit, put the brake on without thinking anything about it and my truck being an automatic and pulling a full load, I didn't know.
Man oh man, that was a close one!
When I finally hit interstate 85 the Lord started talking to me about how much He loves me, how He causes others to love me, how my friends showed up for me, after all these years, to be a blessing to people they don't even know!
The tears were rolling down my cheeks, didn't even care I was wearing makeup and I began to thank Him.
It's amazing!  People I haven't seen in all that time showed up for me, to be a part of what I'm doing here, an entire state away.
I love that!
It means so much more to me than they can even imagine!
The world of the generous grows bigger and bigger and I see that every time a package comes to my house, every time someone tells me they have stuff for my people in the streets, every time I come home to something sitting outside the door of my house.  It's so much bigger than I am.
I testified in church yesterday how I know my preacher gave me his last little bit of money to make sure I could make the trip there and back.  I talked about how I do it with the help of so many others, because if it's about money I don't have it, I barely have the gas to go down there some weeks.  All of it is a testimony of God's love, the hearts of others, I just get to go.
Sure I've spent my own money doing it, I spend my own money every single week, but I don't see myself as having money and I always see it being done with nothing, because so many others give into it.
I even forgot to save receipts last year, to write them off, so I could put it all back in this year.
It's so important to me, its such a part of who I am.
They are a part of me, every single person who gives, every single person who receives.  We are family, no matter out situations, the miles or the years stretching in between visits.
I love their smiling faces, their hearts, the exchanges we have.
I love getting to do it.
It's all huge to me, from a small bag of socks, to a truck load of everything, it makes my heart burst with joy and love and gratefulness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...