Sunday, February 4, 2018

God had a different plan, the Salvation Army


I love how things always work out.  I love how God lets me think one thing and then has me do something totally different.
I don't really like going to the Salvation Army all that much, because no one wants to talk to me, it's like a consumer mill.  Everyone comes out to get what we have and goes right back in.
Not so today.
We had thirty something plates and only gave away six or seven plates at all our regular stops.  "We're going to the Salvation Army," I said and off we went.
The reason we were supposed to go there today, is because there are several people living under the bridge near there and are not allowed to go inside.
They were so hungry!
Gave a girl a couple of blankets, met this young man named Grover with the best attitude ever.  He told me if I ever wanted to make a bunch of money to get him on a stage.  This after hearing I can do and be anything, because God loves me just the way I am and He loves the things I'm after.
We were supposed to go there for them.
There are churches that go there, talk to all of them, they are probably pretty turned off to God's people.
One little girl just wouldn't even let anyone be nice to her.  Poor thing.  I could have talked to her, but the spirit didn't lead me to.  There were a lot of people who caught us exiting certain places.
We branched out today, praise God.  I thank you for those people Father.  I thank you for this walk.
We want them all but we'll take the ones we can find.


1 comment:

  1. Are daddy is building us a family that truly needs us. He was telling us that's where we needed to be. I I was told on Wednesday by the man on the motorcycle that that is where we needed to go. That was the first sign. We had had lots of plates today. Because everyone at the mission had just eaten. That was the second sign from God. Those two men walked out to us and told us about the others under the bridge. That was our third sign from God that that's where we were supposed to be. Those people were hungry and cold. He sent us with food and blankets prepared to pass them out to them today. Thank you God for sending us in a New Direction.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...