Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Lover's Lane


I get some of my best ideas in the shower, when I'm standing there totally vulnerable, dripping wet, no way to use a pen or paper.  I laugh at God about this all the time.  There I am, standing in the shower and all of a sudden He begins talking to me and the ideas begin to grow and expand and explode and I have nothing more to rely on than my messed up memory, to remember what's being said, until I can get it written down somewhere.
He is totally amused by this.
He's recently given me another idea, it's been bubbling up inside me, growing and stretching and preparing to birth.
Then there's the question, "What if?"
I am the eternal optimist.  Every plan I make I intend on it going viral and changing the lives of others.
I am that girl.
Let's do this, let's go over here, yeah that would be cool, we could do that and that would be so exciting.
It started out a one Saturday a month thing, then it evolved into every other Saturday, starting with the first Saturday of next month.
I'm spreading the word, I'm asking others to spread the word, I'm asking people to take two hours a month out of their lives to do something for the kingdom.
I'm asking people to do something simple yet effective.
I'm asking people to give up time out of their precious little busy lives to show up for others.
This is something God is dealing with me about.
People not showing up.
I want it all, I'm chasing everything I can get to and if I talk about doing something you can just about guarantee I'm going to do it.
I see it all the time, chairs empty when the preacher is elsewhere, invite a hundred and fifty people and nine respond.  Advertise a car show for six months, five cars show up.  I can look back over events I've planned and organized and there are those precious few souls who showed up, when no one else did.
People always say they want to do something, over the years I have begun to hear, "I want to do something but that would require me doing something and I've got something more important to do."
Here's the plan.
We flip the script on them.
We make all these wonderful signs that say things like "Jesus loves you", "The world is a better place because you are in it", "You're awesome,", "God's not mad at you", "Nothing can separate us from His love." and we march, one hour, every other Saturday, to share this good news.
We do this every other Saturday from now on until others begin to notice and want to copy us.
It's such an easy thing.
It just takes showing up.
God started showing me pictures of what this looks like, churches everywhere joining in, people on the streets with lover's lane signs all the time, all over the country.
My heart skips a beat just thinking about it!
He showed me how this one thing, so easy and simple to do, could bridge the gaps between churches and begin to bring us all into the same place of agreement and action.
I want viral, I want action, I want God's people to stand together and represent the best parts of the kingdom and this walk we are all on.
I want people to show up!
I want to see movement in the kingdom!
This could go viral.
I flat out laughed at Him when He said the word viral to me, because He's asking me to motivate people, something I attempt to do all the time and if my excitement isn't enough to catch you on fire, you truly have issues, because man oh man am I excited!
He's telling the one person who runs alone quite a bit of the time, to motivate people.
Yeah okay.
Then again, we never know who is watching.
I met a girl in Atlanta, at my friend's house who follows my videos every day.  She's not on my friend's list and she came to meet me on my birthday, because she's been following me for a while.
How cool is that?
God is growing my influence.
I want it all!
I want to do and see things I haven't even imagined yet!
I want to leave a mark on the world, a big one!!!!!!!!
Just do it!!!!!!
So here's the plan.  Gonna get some of my folks together, spend an afternoon think tanking, being in one another's company and writing love letters on poster board.  We're also going to make these signs with posts and cardboard because we don't want the wind being able to come along and destroy them.  We're going to take those signs to the streets and we are going to walk with those signs for one hour, every other Saturday.
We're going to encourage God's people to do this with us.
We're going to invite unity into the body with this one small thing.
Two hours a month for God.
Two hours!
It's a no excuses mission, either show up or don't, no need to chat about it.  We still love you.
So, just so you know I'm gonna be out there, with my love letter, smiling and waving at people, because God is good and it's time the rest of the world knew about it.
I declare it a movement.
God says He'll grow it if I'll only show up.
Anybody can do it anywhere and we don't mind copy cats in the kingdom.

1 comment:

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...