Tuesday, May 1, 2018

I Just Know It!


I had weird dreams all night, but that's okay, don't remember much of them and got a good night's sleep.
When I went to see the psychologist last week he said, "Make yourself shower every single day and gets lots of rest."  I've gone to be pretty early, for me atleast, the last two nights.
This morning I woke up like I could take on the world and God started talking to me.  He said something exciting is going to happen to you today daughter.  Never mind something exciting happens to me everyday, but something exciting is going to happen today.
I'll take it!
It's been pretty in Alabama for a few weeks now, meaning people have begun to move out.  It happens every spring, the weather gets nicer, everyone knows the heat is on the way, houses begin to close and they begin to move around.  My storage facility has been emptying out steadily for the last two months.  I had 12 move outs last month and only rented 6 units.  The boss suggested I raise the prices and that's put me in ghost town mode.  
I lowered my prices again and because the kids are about to get out of school for the summer, put up a $1 first month's rent special, because I want to catch as many of them as possible.  The first summer I was here I rented 29 units in four days with this same special.  I also offered them a flat summer rate, covering their storage for the entire summer until they are expected to return to school.
As of yesterday I had eight reservations and people still calling in.
With that being said, renting 29 units would be so exciting, renting more would be even more exciting and anything at this point would help.  My occupancy percentage has never been this low and I've never ever had so many big units empty.
Today is a new day, new opportunities, new sunshine, new hope.
God said something exciting is going to happen today and I believe Him.
What do you need in your own life?  What would be exciting for you?
I haven't received my taxes yet and I'm scheduled to vacation in less than three weeks.
Completely forgot the baby is going to graduate, have to get a sitter so his mama can work and I trust her to tend to my dogs.
So many things in life to take care of.
Today has enough trouble of it's own, so we'll just stick with today and not worry about anything else.
Something exciting is going to happen today!
Now get out there and love somebody!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...