Wednesday, February 21, 2018

She Was Sleeping On The Sidewalk



Image result for homeless woman sleeping on sidewalk


We're leaving the Varsity, going to get on the highway and I see this woman sleeping on the sidewalk, right next to the street, traffic everywhere.
I saw lots of people in the street today, my people, people who didn't even know my heart recognized them.  A lady with her jeans tied with a boot lace, that wild look in her eye.  A man who could barely walk carrying a couple of bags, I saw sitting on a bench as we drove back through.
A guy sitting on an overpass wall, intently writing something in a book.
People sleeping against the walls, people's stuff, shopping carts, a bag lady with her dog who had lovely dreds.
I saw them.  I saw each and every one of them.  They were not unnoticed today, not one single one of them.
I searched for them as I drove along, knowing they were there.
It was overwhelming.
It's easy to be a big fish in a little pond, but what about making an impact in the ocean without growing any bigger?
I put them in my memory, make sure the burn is deep, so I never ever forget them.  I carry them with me in my love for them.
Everywhere I go I see homeless people.
My heart is so broken that I can't help them all but I guarantee you I will love those He's given to me enough for all of them.
I will love them for the rest of my life.
And I'm crying...................................................................................

1 comment:

  1. It was very sad. I was very moved when I saw it it everywhere we were. It's hard not to go after you have been there not to notice them. I wish everyone had eyes as bright as yours get you can see the love pouring out. Love you girl Ride or Die WWB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...