Thursday, February 22, 2018

The Happy Place



I've spent most of my life homeless, sleeping on other people's couches, having to live with others and then there were the streets.
When I came to this apartment, I brought my dogs, their cages, a box of clothes, my jewelry and pictures.  The kids gave me a bed and blankets before the end of the first day and the rest of it really is a fairy tale of God's love and learning to care for me.
I've talked about all of it before, my paintings hanging on the walls, changed some out today too.  Precious gifts from my friends, mermaids, butterflies, crosses, pictures and candle sticks.
It's my happy place.
Sparky's Dream House because my stuff is better than Barbie's.
This place is the first place that's really mine, that I can make my mark on.  I'm so thankful for it.
Everywhere I look I see beauty, reflections of who I am, things I like and things that fill my heart with happiness.  Blessings from God.
There has been a parade of furniture, household items, clothing, the list goes on and on.  It's a modern day miracle, this life God has given me.  Everywhere I look my heart is happy.  There's still much to be done, adjusting to others living with me, trying to give them real space of their own.
I'm back to my bedroom, studying, writing, gonna paint some, watch some tv and play the ps3.
What's your happy place?
When you come home from work and walk into your house, does your heart soar in your chest?
Have you claimed your space in the world?
I'm so thankful to have a place to live, a place all my own, the happy place.


1 comment:

  1. My home reminds me of my mother. This is my happy place. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

Don't Get Stuck!

Don't get stuck! Life happens to each one of us, we experience joy and heartbreak. We learn things, usually the hard way, and i...